Thank you for booking with us and we are looking forward to preserving memories for your beautiful family! But before that, we have prepared something for you on how to best prepare for your upcoming shoot with us. Please read below and do feel free to message us anytime if you have more questions. See you guys soon! :)
Our style of portrait photography lend itself to relax and casual imagery of children and their family, we would recommend that every member of the family have a coordinated color for best result (eg. Similar toned coloured for everyone), avoid bold prints or large logo. For simple and natural look, earthy tone, such as cream, white, khaki, muted colours/earthy tone or pastel colours (pastel yellow, blue, pink etc). Our preference goes to the muted tone as it will bring the attention to the person and less of their clothing.
You are welcome to change into different set of clothing that you bring with you (max 2 outfits), however, should the baby/children prefer not to be changed, please allow them to continue to be photographed with the same clothing throughout the session to avoid breaking their momentum during the shoot. What is more important to us is the connection and the “mood” that the subject are in during the session.
We also provide clothing in-studio, click on the links below to browse through our clothing gallery:
And to give you a better idea on what our clients wear during a shoot, do visit our Pinterest page for a quick preview at Bambini Photography – Pinterest.
For our Maternity Clients
- Pamper yourself with a blow dry to feel good, relaxed and energised, trim and neaten nails for both hubby and yourself;
- Bring 2-3 sets of clothing in solid colours (in light and dark colours).
- Solid coloured dark coloured booby tube and matching yoga pants if you like to show off some bare bump;
- Body hugging top or pre-pregnancy soft blouse/dress in solid colours; and matching bottoms/denim (non-maternity type) which will show off the shape of the tummy.
- Bring along kitten heels or stilettos if you like to feature shoes during the shoot;
- If you are planning to have more intimate shoot, you may bring along nice lingerie (eg. Sheer, chiffon, embroided baby doll chemise) or muted coloured loose fitting sheer, chiffon, embroided, lace tops for yourself.
- If you plan to do the translucent fabric shot, we’d advise clients to go bare; or bring along stick-on or strapless nude bra and nude coloured thongs.
- Prepare 2-3 sets of clothing for partner which matches your colour theme of the clothes that you bring. A recent hair cut or clean shaven face may work as well.
- Maternity Props eg. Fabric, hats, alphabet blocks will be provided in the studio
- All clothing are client’s own.
- Avoid wearing anything too tight eg. tight waistbands and undergarments, or even socks a few hours before the shoot so that you do not have elastic or strap marks on mummy’s skin.
- Avoid using lotion on your belly, especially the kind to help reduce stretch marks on the day of your session as the belly will turn out very shiny in the photographs.
- Make up and hairdo are usually done by clients themselves or hired help prior to coming in for the shoot. We are happy to provide a couple of numbers for you to contact make up artists directly if needed.
- Kids are most welcome in the bump session. However, if you’re planning to have a few intimate shots, please do have someone around to care for them during the session.
- You are welcome to change into different set of clothing that you bring with you (max 3 outfits), however, should the children prefer not to be changed, please allow them to continue to be photographed with the same clothing throughout the session to avoid breaking their momentum during the shoot.
For our Newborn Clients
- To ensure we have the best results for you without any stress to the baby, we need you to help us to achieve that. Our priority is the safety and well-being of the newborn and we will not push the newborn beyond what they want to give us. Our photographer will let you know during the shoot when that happen.
- For successful shoot, we would need baby to be asleep. In order to prepare baby to be asleep by the time of the photo session, you could keep the newborn awake as long as you can by giving them a nice bath for them followed by feeding the baby (~30 mins before start of shoot) until baby have a VERY full tummy. Once baby is asleep, we can start the shoot very soon.
- From our experience, babies tend to feed more frequently during photo sessions (ie. More frequent than their usual feeding schedule). Hence please kindly prepare about 200ml of milk if bottle or formula feeding when you come for studio shoots.
- We’ll usually start with the sleepy baby shots so we are able to pose them. Having said that, depending on how the baby is when we arrive, photographer may start the session with family shots first. Photographer will guide clients along and communicate what she’s planning on doing next.
- We would greatly appreciate if photographer can have some private time with the baby during the photo session while family members wait in another area. This is very important, because, baby is very good in picking up negative energy/vibe if someone in the shooting area is feeling worried or anxious. When newborn pick that up, they’ll be unsettled and hence make the session more challenging.
- At times, babies may smell mummy or hear mummy’s voice and thus become restless and harder to pose. In times like these, we may need mommy to have a rest in another room away from the baby. The shoot will last maximum 3 hours in the event the baby show signs of unsettlement towards the end of the shoot.
- Mummies (if permitted by their culture) may have a quick shower and hair wash and light make up before the shoot. Mummy and Daddy can prepare a couple of plain solid coloured (without prints/logo) white/cream/black tops) for the photo session. Daddy is encouraged to have a hair cut a week before, shaved and have the nails clipped before the photo session:)
- The photographer will bring along some fabric and props along to the shoot and will also incorporate some items from home which she finds suitable for the session.
- We seek client’s cooperation to put their photography/video devices (eg. tablets, phones, cameras) away while in session.
Do feel free to bring props to further personalise your shoot. We also provide simple props in-studio, such as ride-on cars, carts, balloons, small toys and small letter blocks.
Now, you’re ready! :)